Low-Carb Breakfasts

dawnnys

Salmon Patties

This morning, since it was closer to noon than nine, I made salmon patties - ate one and froze the rest. I plan on popping them in the toasted oven some other time for a quick meal since no one else here likes salmon:

1 14-3/4 oz can of salmon, drained and flaked

1/3 cup whole grain bread crumbs

2 egg whites (or 1 egg), beaten

1 T onion powder

salt and pepper to taste

1 t butter

1 t olive oil

1/3 t dill seed

hadful parsley (fresh)

In a large bowl, combine add ingredients and shape into 5 or 6 patties. In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt butter and add oil. Add salmon patties and cook on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.

Made a quick sour cream hot sauce to go with it. Whisk together:

2 T sour cream

1 t catsup

pinch chili peppers

1 t lime juice

---

A scoop of cottage cheese with blueberry-peach sauce, topped with cinnamon.

1 cup blueberries

1 peach, diced

1 T butter

Pinch brown sugar (yeah, I know, but it's so good and adds so much) - you can certainly forgo this, or use Sugar Twin or Splenda

Saute fruit in butter and brown sugar; when soft, remove from heat and let cool a little. Serve over cottage cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon.

---

Pork Salad (or turkey, or chicken) Rolls

Prepare Carbquick pancakes as directed. I don't want to look too closely at what they're made from, but they aren't too bad.

5 oz leftover pork, chopped fine

2 T mayonnaise

1 stalk celery, minced or grated

salt and pepper to taste

1/3 t curry powder

Combine all ingredients and spoon on top of low-carb pancakes. Roll up while still warm and serve with your favorite salad dressing.

---

Peanut Butter Pasta with Leftover Chicken

Dreamfield's (or other low-carb) pasta

1 lb cooked chicken

1/4 cup peanut butter

1 T olive oil

A little fresh parsley

Black pepper to taste

1/4 t chili pepper paste

Cook pasta as directed. Toss with remaining ingredients and serve with a tall glass of ice cold minted iced tea. Add crunch with water chestnuts or slightly cooked vegetables.

---

Maple-Chicken Salad (not sweet)

2 T mayonnaise

1/2 t maple extract

1 cooked chicken breast, diced

1/4 t black pepper

walnuts

apple

Combine mayonniase and maple flavoring and set aside. Add remaining ingredients and serve with a wedge of sharp cheddar cheese or blue cheese, a slice of cantelope, and a handful of blueberries.

---

More to come!

Back