Mexican Cuisine/Cookboks

earnie

I have never been to Mexico and unfortunately my knowledge of Mexican cuisine is non-existent. But I see a trip in my future to the Baja peninsula, specifically Cabo San Lucas in the near future. I would welcome recommendations of cookbooks and/or web sites.

Earnie

I love Pati Jinich and her show on PBS Create channel. She explores different areas in Mexico and focuses on the local foods.

I suggest you watch a few of these videos.

Earnie,

All three of the authors/videos are excellent. I've made Pati's wet shrimp tacos (very good) and checked this book out from the library (Baja California Cookbook - Exploring Mexico) by authors from the area. Was quite happy testing out new methods...even for baking beans.

https://www.amazon.com/Baja-California-Cookbook-Exploring-Mexico/dp/0399582835/ref=asc_df_0399582835/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459685515341&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8962074696995809309&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010320&hvtargid=pla-897773872200&psc=1

Have a safe and wonderful trip.

I like watching Pati Jinich on PBS, and Rick Bayless still is my go-to for reasonably good recipes. His tamales and Posole Rojo still come out on Christmas Eve.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

Many thanks to all for the recommendations. I have Pati's Treasurer's of the Mexican Table. Wonderful book and gathering more. My trip was wonderful and I enjoyed ever morsel.

Earnie

Back