Mustard and Pepper Flank Steak

mariadnoca

Source: Sally/BR "This is a great twist on flank steak, one of my favorite meats because it cooks very fast. I normally grill it with a simple marinade of olive oil + rosemary, or an oriental-style marinade with soy sauce and spices. I made this dish last week for a late dinner after a round of golf - we were tired and needed dinner quickly at the table. It was great!" from American Favorites (Betty Rosbottom)

2/3 cup Dijon mustard

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 tbsp whipping cream

2 tsp dried thyme leaves

2 tsp chopped peeled ginger

1 1/2 tsp crushed black peppercorns

2 flank steaks (about 1 1/4 pounds each)

Combine mustard, soy sauce cream, thyme, ginger and peppercorns in a small mixing bowl and stir well. Brush both sides of flank steaks with mustard mixture, coating generously.

Place steaks on a plate and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate while marinating.

Grill steaks 6 to 8 minutes per side. Check meat by making a small incision on thickest part eat should be medium-rare, do not overcook (I never cut the steak to test, I just press it with my finger). If you prefer to broil, do it 4-5 inches from heat, 6 minutes per side. Remove steaks from grill and slice on diagonal and against the grain into 1/4 to 3/8 inch slices.

Serves 6 (I cooked a single flank steak, but prepared the same amount of marinade) Enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back