Ok, 'fess up...

carianna-in-wa

Who has a top-secret, double-covert, ultra-hush-hush recipe they've never posted? The one that makes you pause and think, "Do I really want to put that on the internet?"

It could be only me, of course. But in honor of Mimi's wonderful site and in the spirit of the holiday season, I'm posting my teriyaki marinade. This is my family's favorite marinade, and if I put it on meat my children will gobble it up. We especially like rib-eye steaks marinated in this, and our favorite kobe-style ribs. (Sometimes sold as flanken-style ribs.)

I serve the ribs a lot at catering events, which may be why I haven't posted it. (Of course for catering I make 12 quarts of the marinade and buy 40 lbs. of ribs!)

Carianna's Marinade

3/4 c. soy sauce

6 T. white wine (I use fume blanc)

1/4 c. lemon juice

2 T. rice vinegar

2 T. sesame oil

1/4 c. brown sugar

1/4 c. diced onion

1/4 c. finely minced ginger

3 or 4 cloves garlic, pressed

Combine all ingredients and marinate your favorite meat, preferably overnight.

Carianna, mine was my Chocolate Buttercream Fudge recipe

and I posted it last year on Gail's and on here, recently. I finally decided I should share because my friend had been kind enough to share it with me and I wanted to BLESS people with it.

I just finished a batch that I tinned up and am taking one to a friend's BD luncheon today. She requested it. (I have 4 lovely tins out of this one batch)

Your teriaki recipe looks great! Thanks!

WOW! In honor of that I have to say...

that I am preparing a "User Agreement" that should be ready about the first week of 2006 (or second week if I'm swamped!). In it, I'm going to state that posters retain ownership of their posts/recipes and that FinerKitchens will never re-publish them without the poster's permission.

Other sites claim ownership of any posts and/or claim the right to re-publish anything you post. I know that holds people back from posting some great recipes so we're not doing that here.

I hope everyone likes that policy. :eek:)

PS. I don't think I have any top secret recipes that I haven't posted. Lemme think...

ooooh Gayle...do you remember the post # of this awesome fudge?

I'd love to give it a try:)

Thanks,
Deb in Mi

Back