One more variation on GOLDEN OATS MEDLEY...

kpinky

I made it for the first time last night, and added chopped onions, green and sweet red bell pepper, a tiny bit of leftover cooked chicken, beef broth and GARAM MASALA! It was so good. I cut back on the butter and added 1 Tbls butter and about 1 Tbls. olive oil. (I know...it probably is best with 3 Tbls. butter, but I'm trying to sort of do Weight Watchers). Anyhoo, next time I'm going to add onions, green pepper, golden raisins, toasted pecans, a little garam masala, chicken broth and omit the bits of chicken so I can have curry chicken on the side. This is a delicious, super-healthy and fun-to-mess-with recipe. Thank you Olga.

My pleasure and here is another recipe Golden Oats Pork Chop Casserole

GOLDEN OATS PORK CHOP CASSEROLE

6 to 8 pork chops
pepper
1 Tablespoon cooking oil
1/2 cup minced onion
1 1/2 cups Golden Oats
1 cup diced apple
1 cup diced orange or pineapple
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon thyme

GOLDEN OATS:

3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked
1 egg
3/4 cup water or broth

FOR THE GOLDEN OATS: Combine 1 1/2 cups oats and 1 egg in medium sized bowl; mix until oats are thoroughly coated.

Trim excess fat from chops and sprinkle with pepper. Brown on both sides in one Tablespoons oil. Remove chops from pan and keep warm in oven.

Cook onion in same pan and add 3 Tablespoons butter. Combine Golden Oats mixture to the onions, stir constantly until lightly browned. Add 3/4 cup water, salt, diced apple, orange or pineapple, thyme: continue cooking, stirring occasionally until liquid evaporates. Adjust seasonings if you wish. Transfer to casserole and arrange chops on top. Cover and bake at 350 F. about 45 minutes. Serves 4.

Wholegrain Cookbook from Quaker Oats

Back