Pleased to make your acquaintance..........

sylvia

Way back in December, 1995, Gail’s Recipe Swap and the Gail’s Swaptalk were among the very first sites I found when we first connected to the internet. My moniker was Sylvia of Montreal; it has now changed to Sylvia of Ottawa after DH and I retired to the Nation’s Capital in 2001. I had been a teacher for 35 years. Among the first people I chatted with were Richard of Cincinnati, Judy of Mass and Moyn. Through Gail’s I have met and made friends with many chatters.

My culinary career began when I was 12 when it was my responsibility to prepare the veggies for our nightly dinners. Although my dad was a chef he never cooked at home except on feast days when he took charge of the turkey. But he offered much sideline encouragement and advice. My mom was a very basic cook, excelling in making wonderful soups and stews which I’ve come to appreciate only now. I enjoy trying out new recipes and preparing menus for dinner parties.

FinerKitchens has now filled the void since Gail’s went sour. Daily I enjoy checking out everyone’s contributions, recipes and discussions too. Whenever I frequent “the Kitchen” I feel I’m getting together with friends.

Birthday: March 7

Cheers!

Back