Question about retrieving recipes from old Gail's...

richard-in-cincy

Pardon me if this has been addressed, but it's hard to keep up with everything these days. Over the holidays I tried to retrieve a couple recipes from the epi site, but couldn't get the search to respond. I used that site as my archive and was negligent in saving things since I thought they'd always be available. I know I've posted over a 1,000 posts in there, but only managed 18 hits when I searched on my name. I couldn't find any of the recipes I was looking for. Is there still a back door left swinging open?

What a loss.

...and thank goodness of those is your Russian potatoes, Richard!

Go to the hyperlink I've attached and click on the inbedded link inside (or copy and paste the ENTIRE path).

This little gem will get you into the old Forum Seek at Gails.

You can then put in your name and search away. Just remember it will only pull up 200 at a time, so you may have to limit your search or pull entire years by limiting the time period.

http://boards.epicurious.com/thread.jspa?threadID=250527&tstart=15

Richard, if you're searching using your name as the original poster >>

it won't respond, since everyone was demoted to "guest." But you can enter your name as a search term since the names have been tacked on to the titles.

Maybe you already knew that; I was late figuring it out myself.

Thanks Marilyn! Correction ....It was Marie/So NJ that found it! (i should have remembered NJ!)

REgards,
Barb (Also from NJ!)

Don't know why, but it works for me if I put my name in there under "Authors of Posts". Wonder why.

I didn't know that Epi thought enough to include our names inside the post to make it easy for us to find. That was nice! Unless it was automatic (see how cynical I have become? ;o))

I always have to remember to choose "Gail's" and change the date range to "ALL" to get

the older posts.

Back