REC: Crumbl Copycat Oreo Cookies

barbara-in-va

Have you made these cookies? I want to give them a try but have 2 questions from reading the reviews. First, it seems that when you crush the actual Oreos you leave in the filling? Second, I want to ake them more normal sized--I think--do you think that would work okay? I know I would have to adjust the baking time. I want to make them for my boss' birthday in August but need to practice them first, I want them to be right!

I personally am not a big Crumbl cookie fan, they are just too over the top for me and WAAAYYYY TOOO SWEEEET. Hoping the homemade ones will not be nearly as sweet 🤪🤪🤪 Any toughts are appreciated!

1718881422873.png

• Nope, have not made this.
  • Nope, have never tried a Crumbl cookie...nor even heard of them. Such is the life of living in the boonies.
  • Video shows whole cookies and comments say to leave the filling in the cookies, otherwise cookie gets dry. I would follow that.
  • Important ingredient seemed to be the black cocoa...is it worth it for this one cookie?
  • Agree on making them smaller. She says 1/2 Cup measurement. That is huge! I've been making the Levain chocolate chip walnut cookies lately and the recipe/bakery calls for 6 OZ ball of dough--literally the size of a SOFTBALL! For the financially impressed, the Levain bakery ships their cookies: 4 cookies = $29 plus S/H + taxes. (Although if you buy 12 ($79) they throw in the shipping.) So apparently HUGE cookies are the thing. Not for me, but apparently everyone else willing to pay those prices.
  • Cream cheese icing sounds good, but in no way relates to Oreo cookies.
  • I expected the cookie to be crispy like an Oreo, but it just seems to be a big soft cookie flavored of Oreos. Is that the Crumbl concept? I guess the desire cookie profile would depend on your boss's preferences.
  • wow...I sure am opinionated for someone who hasn't even tried this cookie.
Here is Stella Parks Homemade Oreo Cookie recipe from Bravetart. They are normal size and the ingredient list could not be more different.
IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_3201.jpg

Have you made these cookies? I want to give them a try but have 2 questions from reading the reviews. First, it seems that when you crush the actual Oreos you leave in the filling? Second, I want to ake them more normal sized--I think--do you think that would work okay? I know I would have to adjust the baking time. I want to make them for my boss' birthday in August but need to practice them first, I want them to be right!

I personally am not a big Crumbl cookie fan, they are just too over the top for me and WAAAYYYY TOOO SWEEEET. Hoping the homemade ones will not be nearly as sweet 🤪🤪🤪 Any toughts are appreciated!

View attachment 2815
Agree, Crumbl cookies are waaay too sweet and overpriced. Nephew and DW brought to our house recently for a party and I was amazed at the following these cookies have. No thanks.

View attachment 2815
Hey Barb,
Coincidentally (or not, Google eye in the sky LOL) these cookies came into my Insta feed. Might be a compromise between Crumbl and Oreos.

View attachment 2815
I know nothing about these, except to say I wouldn’t bother with the black cocoa. My favorite chocolate cake calls for it, but I’ve never bothered and it’s still fabulous. I think it’s mostly for color.

I'm not crazy over the Crumbl cookies either for the reasons mentioned. I've never made oreos but I would think the key is dark cocoa (the only kind we use in our house - LOL) and shortening/powdered sugar for the filling (and cream) - meaning no cream cheese. (Altho I would use butter instead of shortening)

Last edited:
  • Nope, have not made this.
  • Nope, have never tried a Crumbl cookie...nor even heard of them. Such is the life of living in the boonies.
  • Video shows whole cookies and comments say to leave the filling in the cookies, otherwise cookie gets dry. I would follow that.
  • Important ingredient seemed to be the black cocoa...is it worth it for this one cookie?
  • Agree on making them smaller. She says 1/2 Cup measurement. That is huge! I've been making the Levain chocolate chip walnut cookies lately and the recipe/bakery calls for 6 OZ ball of dough--literally the size of a SOFTBALL! For the financially impressed, the Levain bakery ships their cookies: 4 cookies = $29 plus S/H + taxes. (Although if you buy 12 ($79) they throw in the shipping.) So apparently HUGE cookies are the thing. Not for me, but apparently everyone else willing to pay those prices.
  • Cream cheese icing sounds good, but in no way relates to Oreo cookies.
  • I expected the cookie to be crispy like an Oreo, but it just seems to be a big soft cookie flavored of Oreos. Is that the Crumbl concept? I guess the desire cookie profile would depend on your boss's preferences.
  • wow...I sure am opinionated for someone who hasn't even tried this cookie.
Here is Stella Parks Homemade Oreo Cookie recipe from Bravetart. They are normal size and the ingredient list could not be more different.
View attachment 2817

View attachment 2821
LOVE your opinions Marilyn!!! I just may go with your version instead! I definitely am not a crumble fan but folks at work are. Boss loves oreos so maybe your recipe is a better way to go. I have not read the instructions but I did like the ingredients much better. Very curious about the coconut extract!! I will let you know what I end up with :) Thank you so much for your time and thoughts, greatly appreciated.

Hey Barb,
Coincidentally (or not, Google eye in the sky LOL) these cookies came into my Insta feed. Might be a compromise between Crumbl and Oreos.
Holy Cow these are cute!! Thank you for sharing with me!!

I'm not crazy over the Crumbl cookies either for the reasons mentioned. I've never made oreos but I would think the key is dark cocoa (the only kind we use in our house - LOL) and shortening/powdered sugar for the filling (and cream) - meaning no cream cheese. (Altho I would use butter instead of shortening)
Always have black cocoa here too, LOL!!!

Back