Rec quarter sheet Texas sheet cake…

mariadnoca

So, believe it or not I’ve never made this. My sil makes it a lot and it’s my bill’s choice for his birthday, but I don’t have her recipe 😞. Also, this was a distracting week, spending 24/7 nursing a sick cat then needing to put her down, so it only dawned on me today it was the twins birthday and they willl be home from Disney (I was watching their cat.) so I wanting to make something and I went from cake, to cupcakes, to black n white cookies till I got more and more lazy and the day got away from me, so this looked very quick to pull off. And guess what? Out of 12,694 pans in my cupboard I didn’t have a quarter sheet, so ran to target putting me further behind. Now a proud owner of a quarter sheet pan I set out on the journey of making a completely untested and barely reviewed recipe. Who knows if it’s good. Not me. I’ll have to wait for reviews, because they got home hours earlier than expected. Just as it came out of the oven, when I went over, the car was gone again, then it was back and they didn’t answer, so left it on the porch. Film at 11.

Update: everyone loved it. Being it’s chocolate I couldn’t eat any (caffeine), but I’ll take their word for it. It looked yummy and rich.

i guess there is no way to dress up a sheet pan. I know they don’t like nuts…so it’s naked, but it is a much more doable size fora family vs a party.

IMG_5072.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh Maria, I'm sorry about nursing the cat all week and having to put it down. Sooooo hard and sad.

As for the cake - looks delicious!

Back