RECIPE: REC: Shrimp with Spicy Creole Sauce

RECIPE:

moyn

We had this last night, with the required French bread for dipping and Josh's Popcorn Cauliflower...and a Bibb lettuce salad with tangerines, walnuts & avocado with a walnut vinaigrette.

I was trying to emulate the recipe for shrimp that we had several weeks ago at a restaurant, and came prettttty close. I decreased the amount of butter, significantly... using 4 TBSP + 1 TBSP of Smart Balance(my conscience bothered me, LOL)... but basically followed the recipe... Next time, I would use the amount called for & increase the Worcestshire a bit, and add a bit more cayenne and serve with

quartered lemons.

It'd make a great (if messy) appetizer, also.

SHRIMP WITH SPICY CREOLE SAUCE

These peel-and-eat shrimp are great fun. Just make sure to have plenty of napkins on hand.

1 teaspoon paprika

3/4 teaspoon pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

1/8 teaspoon onion powder

Pinch of cayenne pepper

Pinch of dried thyme

28 uncooked large shrimp, shells intact

7 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

2 teaspoons chopped garlic

Hot french bread

Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat.

Melt 3 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add Worcestershre sauce, lemon juice and garlic; sauté until garlic is tender, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp;sauté until opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter; stir until melted.

Transfer shrimp to large bowl. Pour sauce over shrimp. Serve with hot French bread for dipping.

Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a main course.

Bon Appétit

R.S.V.P.

April 1997

Mr. B's Bistro, New Orleans LA

Moyn, my theory is that the added sqeeze of lemon will justify >

an INCREASE in the butter. The salad will justify doubling it, and Josh's Caulifower is so healthy you can get away with another whole stick! No need for your conscience to be troubled, LOL.

Back