RECIPE: REC: Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup (from AllRecipes mailout today)

RECIPE:

gayle-mo

This looks quick, easy and good.

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

Submitted By: LANDMARKPATTI

A hearty combination of beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasonings slow cooked with shredded chicken. Deliciously finished, if you like, with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. Made mostly of canned ingredients, this tasty soup lets the slow cooker do the work so you don't have to!

Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Cook Time: 7 Hours

Ready In: 7 Hours 15 Minutes

Yields: 8 servings

INGREDIENTS

1 onion, chopped

1 (16 ounce) can chili beans

1 (15 ounce) can black beans

1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained

1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer

2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained

1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning

3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts

shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)

sour cream (optional)

crushed tortilla chips (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.

Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.

Sounds great...

My mother helped me clean out my pantry at Christmas. There's noone better than mom to say things like, "Now, Amanda. You have TEN baskets. Could you live with five of them?" And "Now, Amanda. You have EIGHT cookie tins. Could you live with four of them?" In any case, we decluttered and cleaned and in the process, unearthed my crock pot which I had never used. Now it is out, easily accessible, and this recipe sounds perfect. Thanks!

Oh, NO...

Does this mean I can't keep my 4 bundt pans, 3 angel food pans, 17 more assorted cake pans, 3 crock pots, 4 ice cream makers and 20+ assorted cookie tins??????

My pantry and storage area need a serious clearing out job...but, I might NEED some of that stuff someday!! smileys/smile.gif

Hope you enjoy the recipe! Let us know how it turns out. I hope to make it soon, too!

g

You can keep them...

...but only if your house is bigger than mine! We only have about 1,000 square feet and very little storage space! It calls for creative measures. The best Christmas present I got was that my husband finally installed shelves in the pantry (once Mom and I had cleaned it out). Now everything is so orderly--it's a thing of beauty.

LOL Amanda! I've been begging my DH to install some organizers for me....

But I may just have to go get them myself!

I do need to do some serious decluttering but my kitchen stuff is usually the last to go, I must admit.

Doesn't matter how big your house is if you don't constantly declutter, pretty soon you're overrun with stuff! smileys/smile.gif

That's great you have a mom who will come help you get organized! Yeah, MOM! smileys/smile.gif

I had to declutter and got rid of so much 'stuff'.

Had a flood in my house, lived through the restoration and then I sold my house and moved 2000 miles away. I've been through everything I own at least twice in a year's time and got rid of so much stuff. It feels wonderful!

Back