Roast beef sous vide happiness

charley2

We had our NC Early Christmas gathering with our NC family and I brought the roast beef. I was again able to get a top sirloin boneless roast of about 7#. Man, the price has gone up and up but even this was $6.49 at Costco which isn't bad to serve a crowd. I rubbed it with some salt, pepper, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic and aleppo--just whatever jumped out of the cabinet really. Sealed it up and did it at 133* for 14 hours. It was absolutely beautiful--medium rare (maybe more to rare but son who doesn't eat rare said it was good) and TENDER!! A big hit. We had about 20 and I have about a 2# clod left to take to the beach this week. The juices were good also.I haven't browned or seared my sous vide roasts and the rubs or marinades I've used give it color. I just haven't really taken the time to do it more than anything.

These are on sale here right now, and I must admit that I don't find them tempting in comparison with a prime rib. But those are $70 and more. Yikes. I know I have to change my priorities. I wonder how I could do a sirloin without a sous-vide.

Oh, you can just roast it as you would any roast. I have done it in the oven also. And strip loin also. What is wonderful about the sous vide is that you absolutely know that it will be the way you want it all the way through.

Back