Smoked cinnamon

I could see it being interesting in meat dishes in which we have been using the usual cinnamon. I love the flavour that smoked paprika gives to meats, for example, and recall that in the olden days, there was no smoked paprika available. Of course, I had not even eaten garlic until I was a teenager.

And yet, Saveur reports only on its subtle addition to baked goods.

As long as it does not carry the flavour of fuel that is used to fire the smokers. That I cannot tolerate.

I could see it being interesting in meat dishes in which we have been using the usual cinnamon. I love the flavour that smoked paprika gives to meats, for example, and recall that in the olden days, there was no smoked paprika available. Of course, I had not even eaten garlic until I was a teenager.

As long as it does not carry the flavour of fuel that is used to fire the smokers. That I cannot tolerate.
I want to use it in chocolate baked goods. I like a pinch of cayenne also.

I’m going to experiment with some. I’ll let you know what I think.

Back