so...have you ever gotten an email that makes you go WHAT??? (or possibly WTF!)

marilynfl

On Friday I arrived home after weeding at the county Extension center and found this email:
Hi Marilyn,
I hope you are well. I wanted to let you know that I have your ribbons, prize money and King Arthur Baking Company Gift Card winnings from the fair. Feel free to stop by the office and pick them up at your convenience.

Best Regards,--
J
Extension Agent

Haywood County

Ya...the county fair I entered FIVE WEEKS AGO...and heard absolutely nothing back after the judging. Even though my phone number was my entry number.

So I replied back with: "WHAT???"

Turns out my double crust apple pie (local orchard sponsor) category won a first prize (cash & rosette) and the GF halvah quick bread category won first prize (cash & blue ribbon) but then went on to win third overall place for the King Arthur (sponsor) gift certificate.

FIVE WEEKS AGO!

Apple pie.jpg Blue ribbon.jpg

Halvah bread.jpg IMG_1366.jpg

Ya...don't ask me.

Last edited:
Yes, too bad that was such a sloppy response. So much work goes into these productions that they and their producers do deserve more respect. But...............congratulations!

On Friday I arrived home after weeding at the county Extension center and found this email:

Ya...the county fair I entered FIVE WEEKS AGO...and heard absolutely nothing back after the judging. Even though my phone number was my entry number.

Turns out my double crust apple pie (local orchard sponsor) category won a first prize (cash & rosette) and the GF halvah quick bread category won first prize (cash & blue ribbon) but then went on to win third overall place for the King Arthur (sponsor) gift certificate.

FIVE WEEKS AGO!

View attachment 2522 View attachment 2515

View attachment 2523 View attachment 2517

Ya...don't ask me.

FIVE WEEKS AGO!

View attachment 2523 View attachment 2517

Ya...don't ask me.

FIVE WEEKS AGO!

View attachment 2523 View attachment 2517Wow

Ya...don't ask me.

Wow, what a pitiful way to notify you, and to add insult to injury, please pick up at the very spot you just left! Well, congratulations anyway, well done! They both look amazing.

Better late than never, Marilyn! That pie looks wonderful...enjoy your Thanksgiving! Wigs aka Caryn

Back