So we went to True Foods for dinner the other night.

barbara-in-va

Don't go there often because it is a tad bit more pricy than we usually spend. But the food is always so good. I ordered edamame dumplings and a roasted veggie salad. Came home and googled for copycat recipes. Read a bunch and chose ones to try. Today was the day to try it all out. Dinner was okay but not nearly as good as the resturant. Got some changes to make and questions about dumplings. I am a dumpling newbie. I bought wonton wrappers as that is what Wegmans had. They are square so I cut them with a cookie cutter to make them round. Recipe I used needed a fair amount of tweaking. Anyone have a good recipe for them that I can try? These had cilantro, ginger, green onions, garlic, miso, truffle oil, chili flakes and of course, edamame. I had to really up the miso and truffle oil, also had to add some water and olive oil to get it processed fine.

Mushroom broth was wonderful just strained as is. But the recipe had a miso slurry whisked in. I will not do that again, it made the clear broth very cloudy and I do not believe it added anything.

Would love your thoughts please?

1709419662378.jpeg 1709419705917.jpeg 1709419742462.jpeg 1709419785705.jpeg

yes. Been making these for many decades. Have not encountered anyone who did not love them. The sauce is good but I will attach a better one. They make such a handy hors d'œuvre and freeze well.

Attachments

• pot stickers.pdf
    129.5 KB · Views: 7
Thai Vinaigrette (dipping sauce)

5 oz. Finely chopped lemon grass
1 c. lime juice
1 c. lemon juice
3 c. water
2 c. sugar
2 c. fish sauce (nam pla)
3 oz. Very finely diced jalapeno
1 bunch chopped cilantro
1 bunch chopped mint

and btw, if you use the wrappers square, you can close all corners up together at the top like a 'beggar's purse' and sort of tie with scallion green. Cute

Barb, can you supply your recipe source so we can evaluate. Thanks

(Ha, i just bought a bag of frozen edamame to use with togarashi spice.)

Back