Thanks to Capital One Visa, I had a very good breakfast

marilynfl

Last night around 10, my phone pinged and like Pavlov's dog, I trotted over to see who was texting me in the middle of the night.
[I'm old so night is relative.]

It was Capital One Visa, asking if I had just used my credit card for $2.99 for some obscure company. I replied NO and they said to lock my card, they would freeze my account and send me a new card, but I should check and see if any other unauthorized charges had been made.

This morning I pulled up my account and ran through all the latest entries. I recognized all of them but was a bit started to see how many entries were for a restaurant or grocery store. I mean...this looked like the account of someone running a restaurant, not a single woman living alone.

So this morning, instead of going out for breakfast or lunch or breakfast AND lunch, I opened the refrigerator to see what was there.
It was bountiful! I pan-toasted 2 slices of La Brea Jalapeno Cheddar bread, scrambled organic egg whites, had one slice of cooked bacon remaining, 1/4 of an avocado, some cherry tomatoes and Tillamook cheddar cheese.

I'm now trying to figure out how much to tip myself.

egg sandwich.jpg

Last night around 10, my phone pinged and like Pavlov's dog, I trotted over to see who was texting me in the middle of the night.
[I'm old so night is relative.]

It was Capital One Visa, asking if I had just used my credit card for $2.99 for some obscure company. I replied NO and they said to lock my card, they would freeze my account and send me a new card, but I should check and see if any other unauthorized charges had been made.

This morning I pulled up my account and ran through all the latest entries. I recognized all of them but was a bit started to see how many entries were for a restaurant or grocery store. I mean...this looked like the account of someone running a restaurant, not a single woman living alone.

So this morning, instead of going out for breakfast or lunch or breakfast AND lunch, I opened the refrigerator to see what was there.
It was bountiful! I pan-toasted 2 slices of La Brea Jalapeno Cheddar bread, scrambled organic egg whites, had one slice of cooked bacon remaining, 1/4 of an avocado, some cherry tomatoes and Tillamook cheddar cheese.

I'm now trying to figure out how much to tip myself.

View attachment 2164
Looks and sounds delicious, M!

Back