This is the wonderful recipe for that mold that is such a temptation. I have never served this to anyone who didn't love it.

Marg CDN

BOURBON BAVARIAN CREAM
(SERVES FOUR)
1/3 cup bourbon
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
I cup, milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup heavy cream
Combine the gelatin and bourbon. Stir to soften the gelatin. Separate whites from yolks of the eggs. In the top part of a double boiler beat egg yolks well. Add sugar and salt. Add milk. Mix well.Cook over simmering water (the water should not touch the top section) stirring constantly, especially in "corners" of pan, until mixture begins to chicken. It should look like a Thin cream soup. Remove from The fire. Add vanilla, the bourbon and gelatin mixture and the nutmeg. Stir until the gelatin dissolves. place in a wide mixing bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until the mixture begins to thicken around the edges, and is syrupy-looking in center, about 20-30 minutes. Beat the egg whites until stiff, fold into the gelatin mixture. Beat the heavy cream until whipped and fold into The gelatin mixture. Turn the mixture into a I -quart gelatin mold previously rinsed in cold water and not wiped dry. Chill until set. Unmold by dipping mold in warm water.

Playboy Host and Bar Book

I scanned this so hope I got most of the errors.

Back