Time To Say Hello.

kyheirloomer

Hello.

Saw references to this site over at EPI, and figured to check it out. Lurked for a few days, then had a little trouble actually registering. Mimi and I emailed back and forth for three days or so. But everything seems to be working now---although I still find navigating the site to be awkward and cumbersome at best.

I'm a freelance writer, with food, cookery, and culinary travel among my special areas of interest. Been writing about those subjects for nigh on to thirty years.

I'm an avid cook and food nut, with professional experience in my checkered past as everything from bussboy to cook. I read cookbooks the way others read novels.

I'm also very involved with the heirloom vegetable movement, and, in fact, head-up a major organization---Appalachian Heirloom Seed Conservancy-- in that field. There is, of course, a close tie-in with cookery and preserving a region's edible heritage, so my interests run in parallel tracks.

I live in central Kentucky, with my bride of 40 years, where both of us are owned by a Lewellen setter name of Gwynn.

Back