Unassuming Foodie

ufoodie

I love to talk about food–-eating it, sharing it, and ensuring my family enjoys nutritious, creative and wholesome meals every day. I call my blog “unassuming” because it is devoid of snobbery or pretension, maintaining only a passion for real, good food.

Yes, there are plenty of recipe-centric blogs out there, and God bless them, every one. The Unassuming Foodie is a place to satisfy those of us who are truly interested in food–not just the tasting and consuming, but delighting in how different kinds of food and spices can heal, provide specific nutrients, and how they grow or earned a peculiar name. Each recipe finishes with an intriguing Food Fact, or check out Food Fact Round-up, an alphabetized collection of every Food Fact written.

I’m hand-selecting gorgeous recipes that are quirky and unexpected, yet elegant and tasteful and suitable for a variety of diets. The blog is configured with links to recipes for Soups, Salads, Main Courses and Desserts, of course, but those recipes are also cross-referenced by special diet, including Raw, Vegan, Low-Glycemic, Gluten-Free and Kid-Friendly. For readers in limited markets, I’m compiling an Amazon store of hard-to-find nutritious food items, for your convenience.

You will also find a handy How-to Guide with links to great resources online for tricky kitchen maneuvers, such as butterflying a chicken.

www.unassumingfoodie.blogspot.com

Back