Updated World Peace Cookies

Have you tried them yet? I’m always leery about recipes that have spicy additions because I never know how spicy it will be and I’m a super wimp in that regard.

No...I thought the original recipe was sortof wonderful--especially when eaten warm--but I've added fresh ground pepper to my sweet potato pie recipe and it works. And Maida Heater adds white pepper and ginger to her bundt cake and that is so good. But, as I noted above, I've tried to like cocoa nibs and they just taste like bark. Bought an obscenely $$$ container from SCHARFFEN BERGER and it tasted like $$$ bark. I don't think my palette is sophisticated enough for it.

Spice-wise, there's a german cookie I despise that combines cocoa and cloves--or maybe allspice? mace?--whatever... it absolutely ruins the cookie for me. I have no clue what it is..my paternal grandfather was German so Dad always bought a batch of german cookies for us at Christmas.

It’s funny, I’ve made the original, but never tasted them because of my caffeine reaction to chocolate. I put them in my Christmas gift boxes, but never got feedback, so only made them that one time.

I can take pepper in things, but chilies are another thing. When I lost taste due to covid, I touched some ancho chili powder to my tongue. I couldn’t taste it. But could feel the burn. Weird.

Back