Ahhhh...At last I've found you all...

So glad to have found out where most of the folks from the formerly fabulous Gail's have landed. Thanks, Mimi, for making a spot for us.

So...What's everyone's favorite New Year's good luck food traditions? Really, how many things can one do with a black-eyed pea?

Claire

Hi Claire! Glad you're here!!!>>>>

I always make cheese fondue. I have no idea why.
Here in PA everyone makes pork and saurkraut. Keith hated saurkraut, so I made fondue. No connection to pork, or saurkraut, but you have known me long enough to know that never mattered.

Hi Claire - Dawn's Lentil Salad, which I just re-posted at the "Favorite Recipes" forum here.

Happy New Year to you all!!!!!

It's funny you posted this. I intended to make this salad using black-eyed peas tomorrow!

Welcome home Claire!

I used to be Dawn/SanDiego, but I have a new name since we moved to Missouri. Glad you found us, I hope to see some more familiar faces straggling in soon. Happy New Year all! Dawn

Dawn NFRC

What do you miss most about San Diego? We lived in California most of my life, my children were born in Escondido. Moving to Houston was hard, but it's been home for 24 years. I still miss San Diego Skyline, Anthony's (seafood), Hotel Del, Seaport Village and the general beauty of the city. I visit as often as possible.

Dawn, question about your black-eyed peas recipe...

Hi! I made the lentil salad this morning, except I used balck-eyed peas like you said you were going to. It came out great! It came out as sort of a cross between hummus and the salad. I processed it so that it was smooth like a dip. Just wondered if that's what you did? Great with crackers for a New Year's Eve appetizer.

Back