Are people just insane? Let me qualify that statement...

marilynfl

I was poking around Wayfair and this item popped up in a side bar and I couldn't figure out what it was:

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 10.27.20 AM.jpg

Turns out it is a draining rack for your sink (look to the right edge of the sink.
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 10.27.40 AM.jpg

Oh, I thought in my stupidity, that's a nice idea. Then I saw the price:
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 10.27.55 AM.jpg

so is it me...or are people stupid enough to pay that?

Some people think they need their capital investments returned right away, without considering the actual value to the consumer. I have a friend who is planning to sell his creations at a ridiculous price calculated on the time that he put in to create these things. I'm trying to find a kind way to tell him that people won't pay him for his time, or what he thinks his time is worth, only what the product is worth to them.

So when you do buy this, let us know how worthy it is. It is sort of a good idea. I just don't like all the clutter that seems to be appearing in kitchens these days.

The Amazon one gets good reviews--they are made by different manufacturers which is interesting since they are so alike. Amazon is a Kohler.

I was looking for a pill-cutter. They are $13 in pharmacies. I noticed a bunch online for 4 cents but with $8 delivery. I can imagine the delivery (from China) might actually be $8 as it weighs almost nothing. So where does the 4 cents figure in? Making purchases is quite an adventure these days. So I thought that a dollar store could buy at 4 cents and in bulk. This makes sense.

I ended up finding one at the Dollar Store for $1.50. Someone should open up a dollar store for nothing but sophisticated kitchen equipment to get all this junk in from China for peanuts, for us.

I was poking around Wayfair and this item popped up in a side bar and I couldn't figure out what it was:

View attachment 2621

Turns out it is a draining rack for your sink (look to the right edge of the sink.
View attachment 2622

View attachment 2623

Crazy. I saw one on QVC tonight for 18.00 with more functionality. As PT Barnum says.....

View attachment 2621

View attachment 2622

View attachment 2623

Even without the insane pricing, I wouldn't buy anything from Wayfair. They have taken a page out of Elon Musk's handbook and are demanding that employees work as many extra hours as they are told are needed. I won't support that kind of employee abuse.

Back