Attn: Everyone - forum update today

mimi

The developer of this forum (Dan) has issued a patch to resolve some minor issues, one one which is the problem with some people not getting their password when they sign up, or it not working (although he says he never found the actual problem, but he made it work totally differently so hopefully he'd circumvent the problem). Another problem is something weird that happened with the archive (which some of you may have noticed).

So just to warn you, there will be a little work on the forum and it's possible that if you happen to try to access it right when we're working on it, it might be down, broke, or weird. If that happens please just know that it's because we're working on it right that second and we'll get it back to normal ASAP.

More on bSpeak for the curious:

I'd also like to mention that I'm so impressed with the developer of this forum. Once it was clear that we couldn't do anything with HyperNews, I searched for days on the 'net to find a forum with all the features that we needed. The very best, closest thing I could find was Dan's forum (which is called bSpeak). Dan is a programmer with a day job who develops bSpeak on his own during his down time. When we purchased this, it still didn't have the exact functionality that we wanted and Dan spent considerable time (for free) helping us to customize it for our needs. From what I can tell, the FK forum is the most busy, heavily used example of bSpeak in existence and we are helping him find some issues that he's never encountered before because it's never been so heavily used. That said, it's an amazingly robust program and there is much to be said for Dan's work that we've encountered so few problems. And (I think) more importantly, whenever we do find a problem Dan gets right on it and is very helpful and responsive.

He also has a bSpeak Wish List forum where we can post suggestions for features to be added in the next version of bSpeak. I've added many of your suggestions to his Wish List (to which he has often replied "good idea!").

Mimi and Dan: I never properly thanked you for (m)

putting this site on line, so let me take this opportunity to give you both a big Thank you for all your hard work. I am enjoying this so much and it really feels like "home" again.

Thansk for the the update...You have done such an amazing job with this (m)

I have said a few times that EPI's handling of the switch really in my mind is a Harvard Business Case Study. Amazing!! So poorly handled with little/no testing, input, market research and communication....

On the other extreme, You have done such a remarkable job creating this forum! It is apparent that you have put alot of thought, effort and energy not only in the development of the forum, but also the ongoing maintenance/improvements.

Thanks so much to you, Dan and Finer Kitchens!

Great to be here!
Regards,
Barb

Thank you so much Mimi and Dan, I look forward to my coffee

breaks so I can have some enjoyable time at Finer Kitchens Recipe Swap. Very comfortable environment!

Back