AW Geee! I'm about to say "what the **l" and succumb but I'm trying a guilt trip to myself first...

Cathy, this is great!

I like nothing better than to chow down on a huge bowl full of veggies with just a hint of vinaigrette. An addition of garbanzos or black beans is just icing on the cake!
My other "diet" strategy is taking a large baggie full of celery and cucumber spears to work, and that is my "snack/lunch" with or without a bit of hummus for dipping.

Here's another satisfying salad I use with tuna...

Water packed albacore tuna drained and broken up. (One whole can...GEISHA brand is superior. Forget the Chicken-of-the-Sea etc.)
Diced cuke
Diced celery (celery leaves are a bonus)
Minced onion to taste
Diced green pepper
Diced radishes
Sliced green olives
Fresh parsley cut up
Dill Weed
Garlic salt
Lemon pepper
Toss all togther well.

Use lots of vegetables listed above. And don't leave any out...they all have unique flavors that really add to the dish. This, when done, should fill a whole plate so don't skimp. The tuna is just enough so you know it's there and you have the flavor and protein. No dressing is needed and it packs flavor and is so fresh. Hope you try it! (So nice to see so many names I recognize!!)

All I can say is thank God for Weight Watchers!

No fads, gimmicks, deprivation, no forbidden foods....it's a wonderful organization for learning a life-time of healthy eating. It's slow and steady. I waved bye-bye to my 30 pounds.

Hi - no dressing, just all tossed together and served as-is? Looks good, just wondering.

Oops, saw your note at the bottom there about no dressing needed. Sorry ;o)

I used to make something like this but it had raw spinach and a few other greens. Definately needed some vinaigrette with mine though, too dry without it. Yours look very good though. Lots of nice textures and tastes.

I do add a bit of mayo. The recipe was on a can of Dole

pineapple many moons ago. At least a similar recipe.

Dawn...this is not dry at all....

especially with the cucumber and other fairly moist vegetables if they are fresh. You also don't have to squeeze the heck out of the tuna...just push down the can lid gently to squeeze out most of the water but leaving the tuna still moist. The secret, besides the listed vegies, (it's amazing how much flavor dumb old parsley adds..)is a plenty of seasoning. Each one adds something good. I forgot to add that you can replace the green olives with capers for another taste twist. Delish.

Back