BAD NEWS! If a recipe if you posted in the Faves disappeared, please read this...

mimi

I am afraid that all the Faves recipes whose text has disappeared are irretrievable. What happened was...we were retrieving them from the archives, putting them back into the forum, then deleting them from the archives. It seems we only retrieved the message number, subject, poster, etc, without retrieving the actual message, then we deleted the original from the archives so there is no way for us to get them back. Since it took so long for us to notice the problem, we can't even restore it from a backup because our backup is too recent.

I am so, So, SO sorry about this, and I have been dreading telling you guys.

The posts affected are #s 1, 3, 18, 19, 20, 25, 28, 32, 41, 42, 50, 51, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 63, 65, 68, 70, 72, 73, 74, 75, 77, and 78 in every Faves category (except Appetizers) and in the Kitchen Tips.

So we have made it so you can edit these posts by placing some text in there, and anyone whose post(s) are affected is free to edit those posts and put the recipe back there. Anything that isn't restored within 2 or 3 weeks I'll just delete so we don't have blank posts in there.

If you have any questions please PM me.

I'M SO SORRY!!!

Mimi, don't feel bad...

stuff happens. This is still a young site and things are bound to take a little working out. We all appreciate the fact that you've put this together for us in the first place. Don't beat yourself up!

Mimi, I think we are all just so grateful for a site where someone cares...

Andrea is right--stuff happens.

Please don't feel bad.

Debbie

Mimi, things are not so bad.....you know, now we know which ones are affected and therefore.....

they can be reposted. You and Dan and everyone there care so very much, we appreciate your straight forwardness and honesty when something has a hiccup.
Did anyone tell you how we love this site?
Hugs j

Hey Sh@$ happens to us all, and I'm watching the State of the Union...it could be worse, you didn't

lie about why we're going to war.
sorry... total non sequitor.
I'm just going crazy watching our president. I want our troops home. I'm so worried about them all.

Mimi, you are the best! No one expects perfection from this site -

It's just so nice to have feedback from caring administrators!!

If this is the worst thing that ever happens you are home free, my dear! smileys/smile.gif

Of course we all can relate....

Just like the mothers and fathers from every war we've ever been in. It's never good and it's never easy. My family went though them all.

My heart goes out to all who are serving and their families.

I feel the same. If any of them are mine I'll check and repost asap. Thanks for letting us know.

No worries - easy to fix (tho I prolly can't get to it till the weekend)...

and never dread telling us stuff because we are just so grateful for having this swap in the first place. And this is an easy fix - especially since we still have the headers! smileys/bigsmile.gif

Mimi, I think it's safe to say that we are all still in SHOCK...

...at the prospect of contributing to a website that actually CARES about the integrity of the information posted here, and, at the same time, cares about the respective people who post same.

May God bless you,

Michael

Yeah, What Michael said!!! We love you Mimi, and I love the fact>>

that you are here among us as our dear friend, and not some bean counter who pretends to care, makes promises that they don't keep, and in general just tells us to flake off. Again, thank you for doing this!
(((big hugs))

Back