Bavarian Apple Tort

diannecerkvenik64

Bavarian Apple Tort.

It presents quite well and will stay fresh. It's an attractive dessert as well as delicious.

If you do decide to make it I'd like to offer an important advice: When placing the sliced apples start with one piece in the middle and go in a spiral all in one direction from the inner part (next to the one slice in the middle) to the outer part. When it's done ~ you'll see that it beautiful as well as delicious.

Another advice: Before cooking and preheating the oven: ON THE TOP WIRE RACK IN THE OVER--> COVER IT COMPLETELY WITH ALUMINUM FOIL.

AND JUST BEFORE YOU PLACE THE BAVARIAN APPLE TORT IN THE OVEN ~ PLACE IT ON A LARGE COOKIE SHEET.

Doing this: 1st: aluminum foil: will prevent any burning 2nd: the cookie sheet will catch any droppings.

Here is the recipe:

I hope you enjoy

BAVARIAN APPLE TORTE

Preheat oven 350º

>for BASE< Note: May want to double the ingredients for Base only *see Step 1 Base

½ cup soft butter

1/3 cup granulated sugar

¼ teaspoon vanilla

1 cup all purpose flour (sifted)

¼ cup seedless raspberry jam

>for FILLING<

2 packages Cream Cheese at room temperature

½ cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 eggs

>for TOPPING<

¾ cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

4 apples cored, peeled and sliced (apple slicer) (**fresh apples best**) OR can use 1 can of apples but rinsed in . a colander and put in paper towel to pat dry and place on plate * do not leave in paper towel.

1 cup sliced almonds

Preparation:

Step 1

BASE: (I tend to make the base 2x's because 1 base is not enough for my tart pan so I make it twice or double the recipe for base)

Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the sifted four and mix well. Press into the bottom of a 10” spring form pan/ OR 9” pie pan. Spread the crust with seedless raspberry jam.

Step 2

FILLING:

Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over jam.

Step 3

TOPPING:

Combine sugar and cinnamon and toss with sliced apples. Spoon over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 75 minutes or until golden.

CHILL 8 HOURS --- a must!

Back