Brine Chart

Another thread appears to have been removed

one started by AnnNoVA about a similar subject - it had about a dozen replies to it discussing where "everyone" was. I had replied to it telling Ann to check her private messages on that board.

Toward the end of the thread were a couple of posts which solicited e-mails for those who were interested in checking out other sites - maybe that's why the thread was removed?

Another post was censored to remove reference and a link to Southern Living, even though that is where the recipe originated from. Seems counter to what past policy was about attribution of recipes/info.

Hi Curious, I also PM'ed her as well, I hope she got them.

I've been private messaging people there that I recongnize as I see them post who haven't made it over here or to Neener's yet.

I had wondered how 'private' the PM's were.....

Because I sent a number of them, myself, telling of your site and this one.

I somehow really felt the pm's weren't only read by the recipient's eyes.

I don't think it is because of the PMs - the posts are public

and while it doesn't seem very nice, Epicurious does have the right to remove posts from their forums.

I think if they had an issue with private messaging, they would disable the feature for those they feel are abusing it.

Now the editing of posts to remove attributions to other sites and publications - that is a whole different ballgame, particularly when they have no posted rules or guidelines against doing so. In fact, they have in the past, asked and encouraged folks to post attributions and links to sites if they posted recipes from them.

Looks like the powers-that-be at Epi are in panic mode to me.

I admit that I still lurk over there sometimes, and have posted a couple of things. But it just doesn't seem like "home" to me, if you know what I mean: a totally different format; a lot of bickering from people that I can't remember ever having seen on Gail's Recipe Swap.

FinerKitchens.com and A Place at the Table are what I prefer, and I'm grateful to everyone who has made both websites possible.

Bravo! And thank you.

http://recipecircus.com/recipes/rsinparis/

I post my e-mail address over there as often and as creatively as possible...

so those who want to communicate and find our new places will, if they want to.

But it is pretty odd that Epi is becoming so paranoid. lol In a recent thread there, they answered goatsucker (goatsucker, are you here?) and did say that some requested changes will be made after the new year. Hmm. I think they mentioned something about font, or at least "being easier to see". At least they are talking to us again ;o)

Back