Contribute

Paul

RecipeSwap.org host
Staff member
I added a new item to the Main Menu: Contribute

This site is independent and community driven. It has always been free to participate and always will be. But there are costs.

So this is for anyone with the means and desire to help with the ongoing costs to keep the site going and updated. The Contribute link goes to Donorbox, which is a trusted organization that handles all of the financial elements for this purpose. They are trusted by millions of people and used by large non profits and other independent organizations large and small.

I am not sure anyone even noticed, but I have not been running any ads on the site and would like to keep it that way. I would particularly appreciate any commitments to a monthly contribution as this helps me to establish budgets and understand what support would be reasonable to expect for the upcoming month (and year). If you figure that your daily Starbucks is several dollars, even the equivalent of one Starbucks per month by enough members, would be helpful.

Thank you,
Paul

Charley2, I just made a donation and it works.

Perhaps you clicked on the "contribute tag" listed to the right of Paul's post title. That is just for searches.

The active Contribute button is in the orange banner at the top of the screen, right below the site logo.

Ah OK I get it. Thank you @marilynfl I deleted the message tags. On a larger screen device like a desktop or laptop the menu should like like this:
Capto_Capture 2022-09-20_07-54-52_AM.png
or this when you are scrolled down on a page:
Capto_Capture 2022-09-20_07-58-39_AM.png
On a smaller screen like a phone the menu requires you first to click the hamburger icon (not a picture of a hamburger but a bunch of stacked lines) that looks like this:
Capto_Capture 2022-09-20_07-55-16_AM.png
then you click and you get the actual menu items like this:
Capto_Capture 2022-09-20_07-55-38_AM.png

I'm on my 16" macbook and found it easily. All the buttons worked and the donation has already processed.
Haven't looked for the options on my iPhone or iPad.

But thanks for the image details. For visual learners like myself who don't use their phone for anything other than photos or audio books (Verizon sends me a thank you note every month) I appreciate the extra info.

This site is independent and community driven. It has always been free to participate and always will be. But there are costs.

So this is for anyone with the means and desire to help with the ongoing costs to keep the site going and updated. The Contribute link goes to Donorbox, which is a trusted organization that handles all of the financial elements for this purpose. They are trusted by millions of people and used by large non profits and other independent organizations large and small.

I am not sure anyone even noticed, but I have not been running any ads on the site and would like to keep it that way. I would particularly appreciate any commitments to a monthly contribution as this helps me to establish budgets and understand what support would be reasonable to expect for the upcoming month (and year). If you figure that your daily Starbucks is several dollars, even the equivalent of one Starbucks per month by enough members, would be helpful.

Thank you,
Paul
Paul, I hope my donation went through...finally, I believe I did it with your link! Debbie

Thank you,
Paul
Paul, I am practically sure I used to contribute via this site, but used Paypal. Is that possible anymore? I am not seeing that option on Donorbox. Know that I can easily use a credit card, but would prefer Paypal if that's viable, but I have simply overlooked it. Thanks in advance for your answer. Wigs

Paul, I am practically sure I used to contribute via this site, but used Paypal. Is that possible anymore? I am not seeing that option on Donorbox. Know that I can easily use a credit card, but would prefer Paypal if that's viable, but I have simply overlooked it. Thanks in advance for your answer. Wigs
paypal requires you to setup a business account to work with donorbox. This is $30/mo plus fees so it does not make sense to use unless you have a good sized base of consistent donors to offset it. If you want to use PayPal directly you can use: paul@recipeswap.org
thank you for the consideration.

Thank you,
Paul
Paul,
did my donation go through? I sent a message but do not see it.

Back