Does anyone have an appetizer recipe for enchiladas?

carianna-in-wa

Hubby wants "appetizer-like" enchiladas for Super Bowl. I'm certainly no enchilada expert, and I never heard of doing them appetizer sized. Anyone have any ideas?

Taquitos come the closest I can think of...

Seasoned shredded roast rolled in corn tortilla and deep fried. Dip in guac, sour cream and salsa. TDF

(there are frozen variations at Sam's Club that can be done in the oven. The beef one is pretty good in a pinch!)

Enchiladas are so soft I can't think of a way to do those appetizer style. You might do quesadillas, though. Pan fried flour tortillas with cheddar and jack melted inside (either folded and rolled or flat and cut into wedges) in which you can add slices of avocado, salsa, etc, or dip the wedges into it.

Oh yeah, taquitos might work. Maybe I could add a splash of the enchilada suace

to the filling to make them more "enchilada-like?" What do you think?

Or maybe just save myself the trouble of making them myself and buy them at Costco and bake? I could then maybe make some sort of enchilada dipping sauce to complement the guacamole?

Husbands. Sheesh.

I don't think SuperBowl fans care how gourmet their feed is...ha

I'd probably go for the frozen and make guacamole, and salsa. Maybe even a huge pan of nachos loaded with melted cheeses, and whatever else you like on it.

But then, I'm in the mood for easy at my house right now! ha

Back