Eggnog cheesecake for Christmas

GOODNESS! That is a stunner!

I was out of the country for half of December and missed this until now. I think I know what the next Christmases centerpiece will be.

I love the sugared cranberries and rosemary. The rosemary sprigs remind me of pine wreath and the cranberries remind me of the "sugarplum" story.

Just Beautiful!!

Thank you, that’s exactly the look I was going for! It was a fairly last minute thought too, I had the cranberries in the freezer and snipped the rosemary from the yard. The hardest part was waiting for the cranberries to thaw and waiting for them/rosemary to dry after a dip in the sugar syrup. I stabilized the nutmeg whipped cream with gelatin, piped it before I went to my sil’s and brought the decorations in some Tupperware and assembled it there. There was leftovers so we used them to garnish the cranberry margaritas she’d made.

Sugared cranberries and rosemary

1/2 cup water

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided

3 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and dried

In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to a boil and let it simmer on low heat for 3 minutes.Stir in the cranberries to fully coat in the syrup then remove from heat and stir 1 minute.Remove cranberries with a slotted spoon and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet or a metal rack (I used my cooling racks over baking sheets lined with silpats) to let cranberries dry out for 1 hour.Roll cranberries in batches in the remaining 1 cup sugar to coat. Ditto rosemary. This makes plenty of syrup, you’ll have leftovers. You do want to remove all the rosemary before serving because though it’s pretty, it’s not a good flavor combo. We did all snack on the cranberries though.

OH, the cranberries. I don't do the rosemary but the sugared cranberries are such a treat--sweet and tart in the same burst in your mouth. Our DGD introduced those to us a couple of Christmases ago.

Thanks for the sugared cranberries and rosemary. I will use those, and I've screen captured your beautiful arrangement for inspiration. It's so pretty!!!

Michael

Back