FRC: Need to buy a new stove - looking for recommendations

tess

Talk about Friday the 13th and a full moon striking at once. I had the repair person here to look at the oven and the washer - each were diagnosed as unrepairable!! Plus he noticed that the washer and dryer lean towards each other - the floor might be out of whack!!

Anyway - I need recommendations. It must be electric (unfortunately). I also don't like the glass tops (I broke one at my Aunt's house once by accidently dropping a bowl I was taking out of the overhead microwave. And I have the same setup - so it's bound to happen again.)

Thanks,

Tess

I recently recommended this to someone else but check out the Maytag Gemini

Actually I just checked their website, it's no longer called the Gemini, it's just the "double oven" model. Joe has one too and loves it (but I think his is gas). What is so great about this oven is that instead of the bottom drawer, it has a second, smaller oven, on the top, and then a large regular sized oven on the bottom. The small oven is the one I use most of all, it pre-heats very fast and is economical because it takes less energy to heat the small oven. Then I have a second oven when I have something large to cook or to just cook two different things at two different temperatures. In my model, the large oven has an optional convection fan. Check the link below:

http://www.maytag.com/mths/products/product.jsp?model=MER6555AAW&cs=0&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

I also recomened the Maytag Gemini in the same thread >>

if you're stuck with the standard 36" range space, there's no more productive way to utilize it! I have the gas version but I'm told it was an afterthought to the original electric version. Having the broiler up off the floor is, by itself, a justification for the expense.

Back