GayR, I’m sending you on a recipe hunt

marilynfl

It’s not here. Stupid me had a hard copy and never posted it. When I moved, I downsized ten 4” binders of loose recipes to 5. Now I can’t find this recipe and Thanksgiving is approaching.

It’s at least 15 years old…probably even more. Here’s what I remember:

It’s a pumpkin cheesecake.
I “think” it used five 12-Oz cream cheese packages.
I “think” it was from the PUBLIC HOUSE restaurant in Philadelphia.
I think it was baked in a 10” pan with 3” sides.

I “think” this may be a hopeless cause.

It’s not here. Stupid me had a hard copy and never posted it. When I moved, I downsized ten 4” binders of loose recipes to 5. Now I can’t find this recipe and Thanksgiving is approaching.

It’s at least 15 years old…probably even more. Here’s what I remember:

It’s a pumpkin cheesecake.
I “think” it used five 12-Oz cream cheese packages.
I “think” it was from the PUBLIC HOUSE restaurant in Philadelphia.
I think it was baked in a 10” pan with 3” sides.

I “think” this may be a hopeless cause.

I will do my best .... like looking for a Needle in a Haystack.....love the challenge....hope I will find it....

I will do my best .... like looking for a Needle in a Haystack.....love the challenge....hope I will find it....
Marilyn, Do you recall where you found the recipe....Public House is out of Business ...Magazine, Cookbook etc. might help....did you every try Martin Sheen's Daughter Pumpkin Cheesecake....I have made it several times and it is wonderful....it was a Special Recipe for Bon Appetit....

Honey, it's a needle in a haystack inside a barn filled with haystacks in the middle of a needle factory.

Last edited:
It wasn't from a magazine. It was an online search, so that makes it even vaguer.
And no, I haven't tried that recipe. But may.

Good Lord, I love you! 💕 You are a genius! I didn't even think to check here because I was 100% sure I'd never posted it.
My neighbors are going to be so psyched come T-Day.

Good Lord, I love you! 💕 You are a genius! I didn't even think to check here because I was 100% sure I'd never posted it.
My neighbors are going to be so psyched come T-Day.
So glad I was able to find the recipe.....I know how important a recipe can be and totally understand .... Enjoy!

Let me think...I had my first taste of pumpkin cheesecake in Miami in 1988 and THAT set a precedent for all pumpkin cheesecakes afterward. The diner's cake had hazelnuts around the bottom of the cake and--when questioned--said they added a bit of Frangelico to the recipe--which they wouldn't share.

The Public House is the closest I've come to that Holy Grail, but it has neither hazelnuts nor Frangelico, so I add it. Thinking I'd lost the recipe, I haven't made it in years. But back then I had switched from basic graham crusts to nut crusts...which is just eggwhites, sugar and ground nuts. That is probably what I used.

Since then I've used a lot of cookies as base. Biscoff is always a winner...oatmeal cookies...my chocolate chip cookie dough, thin mint cookies. Pretty much anything other than basic graham. To note, I've never made a flour crust, like certain New York cheesecakes. Not sure why, but the concept never seemed like it would bring anything to the party.

Just found this I made Marilyn's Pumpkin Cheesecake the other night. Wonderful! Rec inside.

Dang, hoped it would work it was wigs giving the directions for the baking
On Nov. 12, 2022, I am just now reading this thread. I could distinctly remember that I finally found the water bath directions for that Public House Pumpkin Cheesecake and posted them for MarilynFL back years ago, but Lord only knows where I would have that recipe stashed as I'm sure I printed it off. I have no system for hardcopy recipes. Several times I've started three-hole punching and using 3-ring binders, but then never finished the job so it's a mess. EXCELLENT sleuthing skills you have there, GayR!

Here's another challenge for you==> While browsing through all the other pumpkin cheesecake recipes of yore, I couldn't get a link of yours to work. Do you happen to have a copy of the following recipe found at:
"Holiday Gingerbread Pumpkin Cheesecake,"

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/Print.aspx?ID=137221

On Nov. 12, 2022, I am just now reading this thread. I could distinctly remember that I finally found the water bath directions for that Public House Pumpkin Cheesecake and posted them for MarilynFL back years ago, but Lord only knows where I would have that recipe stashed as I'm sure I printed it off. I have no system for hardcopy recipes. Several times I've started three-hole punching and using 3-ring binders, but then never finished the job so it's a mess. EXCELLENT sleuthing skills you have there, GayR!

Here's another challenge for you==> While browsing through all the other pumpkin cheesecake recipes of yore, I couldn't get a link of yours to work. Do you happen to have a copy of the following recipe found at:
"Holiday Gingerbread Pumpkin Cheesecake,"

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/Print.aspx?ID=137221
Hi Wigs....link does not work but I found this and I think it may be the recipe.....have a look.....https://www.cooksrecipes.com/holiday/gingerbread_pumpkin_cheesecake_with_cookie_crust_recipe.html

I just looked up to see if Nestle is part of verybestbaking.com and it is.....so I really think that is the recipe....

Wigs....I think this is the recipe have a look I hope the link works....

Wigs....I think this is the recipe have a look I hope the link works....

GayR--Yes, I remember it had flavored Coffeemate in it so this has to be the one. Thank you so very much! Caryn aka Wigs

Back