Give it up folks! Food brought by guests you thought was an assault on your senses....

I think we were blessed...

We did all the cooking at one place together, and it was all well worth eating! Even my very first attempt at latkes! BEFORE I read Moyn's recipe!

Hi Muse.

And it's really cool that it can be just left out for people to pick at during dinner as well.
( we usually put it out before hand)

I went to work last week and one of the ladies had brought In my favorite. . .

Cookie--which is a snowball cookie, Mexican wedding cake, russian teacake, butter-nutball. . .

Well, I swooped in on them, noticing that they were a little large and poppped one in my mouth. It was "ok" but way too large to eat in one bite. And since they were properly dry and crumbly-melting I could not talk at all till I had chewed and swallowed it. This was some feat considering the thing, even when broken up, filled up my mouth and sucked everybit of moisture from my mouth tissues.

Plus, when I said "ok" I mean that it had a proper flavor, but not my favoite; I prefer a recipe with a little salt in it as I like the slightly salty cookie contrasting with the cool, melting powdered sugar.

I would love to make some of these and bring them in to work next week, but I don't want to insult her as I fear doing this might.

Maybe I'll beat her to the snowball cookies next year!

Back