Has anyone tried Martha's Stewart's crepe cake or a white crepe cake(more)

sherri-in-in

Enthusiast Member
I saw Martha demonstrate how to make her crepe cake last week and it was amazing. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and the results. I know Lady M bakery in NY is famous for it's crepe cake and nobody can get the recipe. It looks incredible from the photos I've seen.

I made an apple and crepe Gateau but not Martha's "Crepe Cake"

Now don't think me critical but I think the Martha cake looks very impressive but after reading the recipe to me it does not look like it would be a sensational TASTING cake. It has just enough filling to paste the crepes together and I find that stacks and stacks of crepes with a small amount of filling ends up tasting sort of like pancakes with a little syrup between them even though the crepes are paper thin. Of course, chocolate draped over the top of anything makes it more appealing. I made an apple and crepe gateau where there was a lot of good chunky filling between the crepes and THAT was great as the filling was the star, not the crepes.

Has anyone actually tried making Martha's Crepe Cake? If so can you post a report on it?

Now that sounds wonderful ...

Do you happen to have the apple and crepe gateau recipe on hand?

I will try and get to Martha's cake this weekend, we'll see how it goes and I will report back.

Thanks!

I don't have it typed out but it is Gateau Mont-Saint-Michel from Julia Child & More Company

It is layers of crepes, apple slices that have been roasted with lemon, sugar and butter and a delicious burnt-almond cream. I don't have time to type it out now but later I can post it if you cannot find it elsewhere.

I was intrigued enough to try to find this online somewhere else. Nuttin'!

So if you'll post it, it will be an online first. :eek:)

Wow- it is almost exactly the same recipe! Thanks for posting the link, buonappetito- you saved

me a lot of typing time. The recipe is SO similar and you will get the same results with it. It is delicious and beautiful- the perfect combination!

Back