Heather in SF.. Pom Martini. Here's a link that you can use to get lots of

Marg CDN

pomegranate drinks. I've linked the Pom Martini. My recipe was disappointing as it was served in a highball. I like my drinks short and tart. Although this is a short version of the same thing, martini glass size, I find this one to be more what I would have expected and it did get a huge rating.

You can also go to idrink.com and submit your ingredients to get lots of ideas.

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink7405.html

Oh yes, that sounds like just the ticket! Ever have one of those Mondays? ugh. this will be>>>

my treat for having survived. Nothing like having the guests for a meeting you're hosting arrive 30 minutes early - and for having your boss forget to set his watch to Mountain time, and ask you why the meeting started without him. AND having your old boss show up in the meeting unexpectedly - ew - where did he come from! LOL

So, in 1 1/2 hours, it's POM martini time!

Thanks Marg - really - thanks!!

Had one of those Monday's today.. made a cuba libre to feel like it might get warm again>>>

some day. We got blasted with 13 plus inches of snow yesterday. Today went to work only to find that no one did the prep sheet yesterday and was not aware that I had to make lasagna including gravy ( sauce) for 150 for tomorrow till 10:30 this morning. A little sabatoge going on with the old guard, who hates that I don't consider boneless chicken breasts liberally sprinkled with onion powder, garlic salt and paprika then baked till the edges curl a decent offering for very a active senior community who spend a fortune to reside there. So needless to say today I am what my kids would call "pissy" and I needed that drink when I came home. So I sure can get behind you Heather!

Marg, the POM martini was great! and very cheering, I added >>>

more POM than they said, such a pretty deep color. it would be nice for Valentines day too, but tonight I'm having a Bankok Breeze!

Hope today is going better for you, by the way. funny how a nice night's sleep does wonders for your spirits...

REC: POM-TINI 1

POM-TINI 1

2 ounces pomegranate or citrus vodka
2 ounces pomegranate juice
Juice of one lemon
1 ounce simple syrup

Shake well with ice until condensation begins to form on shaker, then strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

CYH
Cyndi

REC: POM-TINI 2

POM-TINI 2

1 1/2 ounces Pearl Persephone Vodka (pomegranate-flavored)
1 ounce pomegranate juice
1 1/2 ounces pink grapefruit juice
Squeeze of fresh lime juice

Shake well with ice until condensation begins to form on shaker, then strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.

CYH
Cyndi

Rec: Pomegranite Martini

Pomegranite Martini

3 oz. Absolut Citron
2 oz. Pomegranite juice
1 oz. of Cointreau

Mix like a regular martini, strain into champagne glass. Add a few pomegranite seeds and a curl from a lemon peel for a nice presentation.

Serves 1.

Rec: Pomegranite Margarita

Pomegranite Margarita

1 part tequila
1/2 part contreau
1 part pomegranate juice (POM)
1 wedge of lemon, squeezed
1 splash of club soda

Serve in a martini glass or in a tumbler with an ice cube. (Also try using POM brand juice, lime, white tequila and triple sec. Go easy on the tequila in this one, because it will overpower the other ingredients.)

Can you tell that I like Pomegranite juice? (FRC)

I love the taste of the martinis, cosmopolitan, and margarita made with the Pom. I try to buy my POM juices at Wal-Mart, because they are anywhere for $1 -2 cheaper than in our local grocery stores. I also love the above recipes made with the POM-cherry blend...

Hugs and hugs
Cyndi

Back