Hey Mimi - For some reason I can't open Carianna's message - see post 328 >>>

meryl

I get the following error message: (Note: I can open all other posts).

Page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.finerkitchens.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

Click the Back button to try another link.

Problem: Unknown Error -1.

I did restart my computer and nothing changed. Isn't that strange? It's the only post I can't open.

Maybe I accidentally double secret coded it so no one else can have my recipe! smileys/smile.gif Try again inside

This is my all-time-favorite pasta dish. It's delightfully tangy, and different from most other pasta dishes. I really REALLY love this.

Everything can be made the day before, but refrigerated separately. Toss just before serving. It's only downside is that it doesn't hold over well since the acid in the dressing makes the spinach wilty and the cashews get a little soggy.

PENNE, SPINACH, ASPARAGUS AND CASHEW SALAD
This inventive salad is a terrific addition
to any summer buffet. For this party, also
prepare red cabbage coleslaw, or buy some at
the market or a take-out spot.

1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, ends trimmed,
cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds penne or rigatoni pasta
1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil
3/4 cup sliced green onions
6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 6-ounce package baby spinach
1 cup (about 4 ounces) salted roasted
cashews, coarsely chopped

Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling
salted water until just tender, about 3
minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer
asparagus to small bowl. Cool. Add pasta to
same pot and cook until just tender but
still firm to bite. Drain well. Transfer
pasta to very large bowl. Toss with 1
tablespoon oil. Cool.

Blend cup oil, green onions, vinegar and soy
sauce in blender until smooth, about 2
minutes. (Asparagus, pasta and dressing can
be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately;
chill.) Pour dressing over pasta. Add
asparagus, spinach and cashews; toss to
coat. Season with salt and pepper.

Makes 12 Servings.

Bon Appétit
June 1997

Let's see what happens if you repost it. I can't open Carianna's new post either.

Twilight zone, anyone????

Here goes:

This is my all-time-favorite pasta dish. It's delightfully tangy, and different from most other pasta dishes. I really REALLY love this.

Everything can be made the day before, but refrigerated separately. Toss just before serving. It's only downside is that it doesn't hold over well since the acid in the dressing makes the spinach wilty and the cashews get a little soggy.

PENNE, SPINACH, ASPARAGUS AND CASHEW SALAD
This inventive salad is a terrific addition
to any summer buffet. For this party, also
prepare red cabbage coleslaw, or buy some at
the market or a take-out spot.

1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, ends trimmed,
cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds penne or rigatoni pasta
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup (about 4 ounces) salted roasted
cashews, coarsely chopped

Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling
salted water until just tender, about 3
minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer
asparagus to small bowl. Cool. Add pasta to
same pot and cook until just tender but
still firm to bite. Drain well. Transfer
pasta to very large bowl. Toss with 1
tablespoon oil. Cool.

Blend cup oil, green onions, vinegar and soy
sauce in blender until smooth, about 2
minutes. (Asparagus, pasta and dressing can
be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately;
chill.) Pour dressing over pasta. Add
asparagus, spinach and cashews; toss to
coat. Season with salt and pepper.

Makes 12 Servings.

Bon Appétit
June 1997

Carianna, I don't have anyone on my "Ignore" list, so that's not it. I just clicked on Luisa's

repost and the same error message comes up. This is weird weird weird. Well, thanks for posting it anyway, and thanks for reposting it, Luisa - it looks like my computer just doesn't want to read it. Beyond strange.

Yes, you can remove anyone from your ignore list via your account.

At least I think you can. I don't know - haven't tried it because I don't have anyone on "Ignore."

that IS strange. Maybe Carianna can post something else, you can narrow

the problem down to something inside the post itself.

Ok, last shot. I pasted it into word, changed the font, and we'll triy again. It's worth the effort!

Penne Pasta with Spinach, Asparagus and Cashews

1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds penne pasta
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup (about 4 ounces) salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped

Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 1-3 minutes, depending on thickness. Using slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to an ice bath. Cool, then pat dry. Add pasta to same pot and cook until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain well. Transfer pasta to very large bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Cool.

Blend cup oil, green onions, vinegar and soy sauce in blender until smooth, about 2 minutes. (Asparagus, pasta and dressing can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill.) Pour dressing over pasta. Add asparagus, spinach and cashews; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.

Makes 12 Servings.

Bon Appétit
June 1997

You can. Click on Account > Ignore List. (more)

I had someone a while back who accidentally clicked on the link to ignore someone and wanted to undo it. I suppose it's possible to accidentally click on it and not realize it. But if you're "ignoring" someone, it will say "ignored" next to their post, and I don't think you can even read the subject.

As to this other thing, I can't tell you, I can see the post in question just fine. I'm hoping it was just a one-time glitch and won't develop into a widespread problem, but will be looking out for it in case it happens again.

Also...you might have been unable to read that page because the Internet went down for a brief moment when you clicked on that link, giving you the "page cannot be found" message. Then when you went back to it, you kept seeing that because that's what was in your browser's cache. To remedy that, try viewing it again and clicking on your browser's refresh/reload button while you're there.

Back