I am...

michael-in-phoenix

I said. (Sorry. Neil Diamond moment.)

To borrow a phrase from Max Lucado (since it describes my situation so well), I married out of my league, and I have two kids who are out of this world!

I am a child of God, a husband, a father and a business owner, in that order. I have been cooking since I was eight years old, or thereabouts; starting with a box cake with little marshmallow bunnies stuck to the sides -which I made myself by cutting up big marshmallows, piecing them together and painting them with a toothpick and food coloring. (I am the King of the run-on sentence, as you can see.)

I am a home cook whose greatest joy is cooking for family and friends. I am self-taught; in as much as I've never gone to cooking school. I consider the "other board" (which I joined in March of 1996, having lurked since August of 1995) and now this Fine Place, as being the real catalyst for developing what skills I now possess. The talent here is amazing!

I love to bake and cook just about anything. I love to stir-fry, and enjoy cooking just about every major cuisine known to man. Cooking is my relaxation, and a huge part of what I like to call our "family identity". We Cook. We carry soup to sick friends. We celebrate with food and help others do likewise. Our house smells good, and I want my boys to remember that always; especially when they're cooking for their families.

Food is ministry. Jesus knew He had to fill their bellies if He was going to fill their hearts and minds. I try to bless others with good, homemade food as often as I can.

I also love to sing, garden, patio party, resort vacation, travel abroad, exercise (recently got back in shape, losing 75 pounds. Woo Hoo!!), facilitate Christian parenting classes, work with wood and fish.

But, enough about me...

Michael

Back