I found this nifty food storage calculator…

mariadnoca

I was thinking it might be a good thing to add to our kitchen tips section. What do you think?

It calculates what to store, per person, per year, in case of the zombie apocalypse (or food shortages, frugal food tips, emergency supplies, etc).

I was thinking it might be a good thing to add to our kitchen tips section. What do you think?

It calculates what to store, per person, per year, in case of the zombie apocalypse (or food shortages, frugal food tips, emergency supplies, etc).

wow I just ran a few scenarios and I would need a warehouse.

wow I just ran a few scenarios and I would need a warehouse.
I’m reading a book called a year without the grocery store (free if you have prime), and she uses a 10x16’ part of her basement to store a years worth of food and a months worth of water for her family of 7. This calculator thinks for me alone I only need 5lbs of onions, but 40lbs of applesauce, clearly it doesn’t know my love of onions, so ymmv, but it gives a pretty good idea on where to start. Every time there is an earthquake (and this recent freeze in the east) I’m reminded I should get better regarding emergency preparation.

I’m reading a book called a year without the grocery store (free if you have prime), and she uses a 10x16’ part of her basement to store a years worth of food and a months worth of water for her family of 7. This calculator thinks for me alone I only need 5lbs of onions, but 40lbs of applesauce, clearly it doesn’t know my love of onions, so ymmv, but it gives a pretty good idea on where to start. Every time there is an earthquake (and this recent freeze in the east) I’m reminded I should get better regarding emergency preparation.
you're right. it is worth taking seriously. I got the Kindle book you mentioned, thank you. I remember y2k and people stocking up and I laughed it off but Covid/ supply chain shortages and the recent inflation insanity (and the ongoing weirdness trying to find half & half in my area the past 3 months) should make it hit home for most people. food for thought ;)

Back