I found two all clad pans at goodwill today!

Happy Birthday GIF by Mumbai Indians

Wish I could post the “live” shot as she was rolling all over the pan, lol. It’s currently soaking waiting to meetup with bar keepers friend to polish it up.

Update: the skillet now looks hard pressed to not be on the showroom floor. The grill is on its second soak, but much improved. I’m confident it will get there. I’m the type that wants every speck clean. Otherwise it builds up, but it’s so easy to clean if you don’t let it get to that point.

IMG_4792.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like Daisy was impressed with your purchases, too! A cute kitty. Hope your birthday was grand!

And I found a third pan, a sauté, at another gw for $2.49. So, I couldn’t resist, but it’s nonstick. I don’t normally cook with nonstick.

Do any of you use nonstick? If so, what for?

I have been thinking of asking the same question. Different reasons. I am aware of the environmental and health considerations and that fewer nonsticks are being created. I use them for everything. Truly everything. I got rid of the cast iron because my wrists are too feable.

On trips to France I purchased Ingenio pieces that had clip-on handles. Many times. I have pieces that fit into each other so sensibly because there is no handle attached. Great storage feature. Those become souffle, casserole, steamer, everything. There are also saute pans. They double as cake pans from time to time. And also on one trip I took templates of the cooking pieces and bought an assembly of lovely glass lids to fit every piece. Same thing.

Now I am asking myself if I should ditch them. I am so reluctant to make a complete switch. I think it is the lazy in me.

Maria, try the 2-minute flip method from CI for juicy pork chops or steaks. They recommend non-stick and that is what I have successfully used.

Maria, try the 2-minute flip method from CI for juicy pork chops or steaks. They recommend non-stick and that is what I have successfully used.

Well, this will be fantastic to try because….drumroll…at another gw I found another all clad, a 3qt sauté, nonstick. For $2.49. So even though it was nonstick, at that price it came home with me!

Back