I need some suggestions for a good cracker...

karennoca

I am making a cream cheese, goat cheese, pesto, and sun-dried tomato tort appetizer for a Valentine's dinner tomorrow night. I'd like to serve two types of crackers with this. What type of crackers do you have knowledge of that would go well with this type of dish. Someone suggested an Italian Flat Bread would be nice. Since I am not familiar with this, any suggestions are appreciated. Would sliced sour dough baguette go well?

You have lots of flavours in there already so why not let the cracker relax? Carr's table waters are

such a reliable choice for cheeses as they let the cheese do the talking.

If there is no garlic in it, you could do a butter/garlic toasted thin baguette slice as well.

I agree with MargCDN--use something neutral-water crackers, melba toast,..

whole food sells these neat little plain toasts that look little mini slices of bread.

I found a great new cracker! ....

I found these crackers at a Health Food store. This is the first time that I have seen them. There were some samples and as soon as tried them, I bought 3 boxes!

The name is "Mary's Gone Crackers" Maybe someone else has heard of them?

They are a very crispy, thin cracker made of rice and seeds (brown rice, flax seeds, sesame seeds and quinoa.) They are wheat free and gluten free with no added oils or fats.

Karen, you may want a "plainer" cracker for your lovely tort appetizer, like the Carr's water cracker that Marg suggested. The "Mary's Gone Crackers" have alot of character on their own. They are good w/ a plain cream cheese, or a smear of peanut butter and I eat them as a quick snack. I've also had them out on the table w/ other crackers and dip and most people comment how good they are on their own.

Have a wonderful Valentine's dinner!

Back