RECIPE: Inspired by a recipe by Ming Tsai REC: Curry Chicken Stir Fry

RECIPE:

sandi-in-hawaii

I was looking at a recipe in my Simply Ming cookbook. The recipe called for making a curry-ginger flavored oil a day ahead of time, then using the oil in a stir fry.

Since I didn't make the oil, I just made a stir fry with the same flavors, and it was good! I totally winged it, so all measurements are approximate smileys/smile.gif

2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs,

cut into 2" pieces

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 1/2 piece ginger, peeled and grated

1 teaspoon curry powder

1 tablespoon cornstarch

Salt and pepper to taste

2 small zucchini

1/2 lb button mushrooms

1 small head broccoli

2 carrots

3/4 cup chicken broth

2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water

In a medium bowl, mix chicken pieces with garlic, ginger, curry powder, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Set aside while you cut the vegetables.

Cut all the vegetables into bite sized pieces. I wanted chunky pieces, rather than slices, so I cut the zukes into fourths, lengthwise, then into 1" pieces. Cut the mushrooms into fourths, cut the broccoli into small florets, and cut the carrots into thin diagonal slices.

Heat oil in a wok until hot. Cook the vegetables, one at a time, until just tender.

Remove each vegetable into a large serving dish before adding the next vegetable, adding more oil when necessary.

When all the veggies are done, add more oil to the wok. Stir-fry half of the chicken, until just cooked. Remove the chicken to the serving dish, then cook the remaining chicken.

When the chicken is done, throw everything back into the wok. Toss everything together, then add the chicken broth.

Heat to boiling, and add the cornstarch slurry to the middle of the wok. Stir frequently until gravy thickens, and coats everything.

Serve over hot rice.

Back