Introducing "The Larder Barter": The Ultimate Culinary Show n' Tell

mimi

(Thanks to CynUpstateNY for getting this fun project started)

Many of us in this wonderful forum have, for quite some time, been sharing more than recipes. Big and little packages have been sent from one end of the country to the other. Baked goods, candy, jams and jellies, specialty food store items and cookbooks are just some of the goodies being shared by forum members. Mimi is now letting us open this up to all members.

The rules and posting directions are simple:

It’s up to the swapper to follow the law. It is against the law to ship certain items across state lines. We also have forum members from other countries. If you mail an item to those members, make sure it’s legal to do so.

No more than two individual swaps per month. Some members only log on every other day or so, and this would give them a chance to take part. This will be on the honor system.

No money is to change hands with the possible exception of offering to help with postage. All swaps are barters, not sales.

Please be careful about sending your home address out. Make sure you “know” the person you’re sharing info with.

Three ways to swap in one forum:

“What will you trade for this?” If you have something to trade, post it and choose from the responses you get. Please respond in the forum and not in a private message.

“I made too much, who wants it?” Too much candy, too many cookies, too many jars of grape jelly? Send some to the first person to reply to your post. Please respond in the forum and, if you’re the first, follow up with a private message with your address.

“The first to respond to this will receive it and send me something in return” Again, please respond in the forum and follow up with a private message with your address.

*There are probably things we haven’t thought of but we tried to keep this as simple as possible. I’m certain that if there are concerns we will be able to address them.

Back