ISO: ISO A Tried & True Knock Their Sock Off Chocolate Trifle

In Search Of:
Found This One From MariaDNoCA - looks great! Any others ...

it is some serious chocolate and it gets lots of moans and groans, plus looks fab...serves lots. It's one of my quick go to desserts if I need something in a pinch:

Cut brownies into bite size chunks. Using tall glass trifle or salad bowl...make layers of brownies/chocolate mousse/whipped cream finishing with whipped cream layer on top. Garnish with shaved chocolate.

Serve with chocolate and caramel syrups on the side for those who want to take this chocolate experience over the moon!

Mousse
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
3 cups chilled whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar

Combine chocolate, vanilla and salt in processor. Bring 1 cup cream to boil in heavy small saucepan. With processor running, gradually pour hot cream through feed tube and process until chocolate is melted and smooth. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.

Beat 2 cups cream and sugar in large bowl to stiff peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture. Chill until set, about 6 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)

Here is a favorite at our house.

Death by Chocolate
19.8 oz box fudge brownie mix
1/4 to 1/2 Kahlua
3 (3 1/2oz) instant chocolate Mousse
8 (1.4oz) chocolate covered toffee bars broked in small pieces.(I usually get a bag of health toffee bits you can buy in a bag that are by the chocolate chips instead of breaking candy bars)
12 oz container frozen whipped topping thawed

Preheat oven according to brownie directions. Mix and bake to package directions; let cool. Prick holes in tops of brownies with fork and pour kahlua over brownies. set aside. Prepare chocolate mousse according to package directions. Break up 1/2 of brownies into small pieces and place in the bottom of a large glass bowl. Cover with 1/2 mousse, 1/2 candy and 1/2 whipped topping. Repeat layers. I usually sprinkle some of the toffee bits on top.

Back