ISO: ISO: Anna_X..... Anna, my house smells sooooooo good, I just had to>>

In Search Of:

moyn

tell you... I have a large pan of your Coconut Beef Curry in Crockpot, but I've made a few tweaks.

I used about 3 1/2 lbs of Country Style Pork Ribs, cut into LARGE chunks, increased the garlic (doubled it), and used green curry paste, since that's all I had, and decreased it for Mr Wimpy, to less than 1 TBSP. (Must admit, I've sneaked a few spoonfuls of the sauce.... it's WONderful!)

We'll begin with a salad of leaf lettuce with cuke & avocado & scallion.... and despite the potatoes (of which I only used one) in the dish, I felt I had to do a base to soak up all the wonderful sauce, so I did some quinoa with fresh spinach & nutmeg...

I did it in the oven at 375 for about 45 minutes, after browning the meat & onions, etc. on top of the range.

I can't wait for dinner (may add some more green curry to my portion, LOL).

THanks so much for posting.

Let us know how it comes out with the pork. I have a big tray from

Costco's last promotion and need to use them up quickly. Extra garlic and green curry sound very tasty!

This dish is a Winner!!!! It was terrific! And, since I didn't use the >>

crockpot, the meat was tender, but not "fall apart", so Teddy didn't object, even tho he did comment when he looked at it.....( Hmmmmmm, a stew, huh???? ). I just cut the pieces in either half or in thirds, so I had LARGE pieces. And the quinoa was the perfect "zzzooooper upper"...
The recipe goes into the "keeper" file. Thanks again.

I have this in the oven as I type......

using pork, red curry paste, and I added some chopped tomatoes.

Got brown rice simmering on the stove, will add cilantro and spinach to that when it's close to done. I did put a bunch of grated fresh ginger into the water as I added the rice.
I'm looking forward to this dinner!

And it was terrific!

I stirred baby spinach into the rice in the last few minutes, and that was great with the curry spooned along side.
I'm glad I used the full amount of red curry paste, but am also glad that I don't have a Mr. Wimpy to feed. smileys/smile.gif

Back