ISO: ISO @deb-in-mi I need advice on mailing cookie samples to nephew and financee

In Search Of:
Marilyn, I have an impulse sealer (from Papermart) that I use to seal cookies (in cellophane bags) for freshness. That being said, I'm sure an ziplock back that has had the excess air removed (hello straw) works just fine. To keep them from breaking I added shredded paper to the mailing box. This has worked really well for me:)

Thank you! I got a warning that I was typing too fast, but had no clue I'd actually posted twice. Ah well, live and screw up and then learn.

Besides Deb's excellent suggestion of using shredded paper to pack your Zip-lock bags of cookies, I have also found that packing the zip-locked cookies in a box and then packing that box within a second box helps. I often use bubble wrap to cushion. About a million years ago I made and shipped 720 cookies to my sister (going from southern Indiana to northern Ohio), and not a single one was broken by UPS-ing a box within a box. As I recall Mother and I made 8 different kinds for a high school youth orchestra's members to enjoy during a practice session.

thanks to you both for your help.

I ended up sending 4 dozen samples (2 types of rugelach and 2 versions on nut horns) tightly sealing each dozen in plastic and then bubble-wrapping those inside a firm cardboard. They arrived safe and sound, without a single crack. I knew the rugelach (cream cheese dough) would be fine taste wise, but am worried about how early I can bake the nut horns since they are a sweet yeast dough. Been practicing tangzhong dough and just this week left a dozen huge cinnamon rolls at the library with the request that they track how long the dough stays fresh.

https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/homemade-cinnamon-rolls

Back