ISO: ISO favorite salad dressing recipe! Thanks in Advance! NT

In Search Of:
Oh wow, I'm not sure I can explain it. It's a totally different smell and...

taste than balsamic. It has a more deep and rich taste and isn't easy to find. None of my regular stores carry it but they have 10 different brands of balsamic. I get it at a gourmet type store. The brand I get is from Spain and is called Columela. I really love it.

I should have specified Grade B Amber syrup...

That's what the original recipe called for. I didn't realize that Grade B is a stronger flavor until reading the threads on maple syrup from Jan 31! Now I know.

Hi Teapotter, it's great to have everyones contribution, no matter how small. such fun here.

Yuk! That wouldn't be too good in a vinaigrette. Yes, it's hazelnut. Sorry I guess I use many of

the terms of France without thinking much about it. This oil (huile) has a not too subtle flavour but it is a fabulous flavour. It just takes a little to make a big difference.

Don't apologize, I love learning new things and I can always ask when google lets me down. I was

amused at the definition that turned up and thought you might get a smile from it.

Ruth, would you mind telling me what your favourite brand is...the tomatoes? I find that

they vary so much and am currently having problems finding my old brand.

I like the one with the red and white ginham cotton topper. Never needed to know the name, but now I can't find it.

Thanks

I don't actually have a brand name, Marg, as the ones I always buy...

are packaged in clear plastic containers. I get them at our local Italian centre and I just supposed they bought them in bulk and repackaged them or got them from a local supplier. (These are the dry kind - not the kind packed in oil.)

Sorry - can't help you out...

Ginger salad dressing served at Applebee's. If anyone has it, could they post? Thanks.

I've tried making something similar, and it just ain't the same!

I also like Wegmans soy salad dressing - a very nutty, earthy taste.

I love this one - No Fail Balsamic Vinaigrette

via a freind from meals.com:

No-Fail Balsamic Vinaigrette

Homemade salad dressing is easy to make and tastes delicious.

Estimated Times:
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins

Servings: 16

Ingredients

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large cloves garlic peeled
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil

Directions

Place salt and pepper in a blender. Process for 10 seconds on high speed. Add garlic cloves and process for an additional 10 seconds on high speed. Add Dijon mustard and process on high speed for another 10 seconds. Pour in balsamic vinegar and blend on high until well mixed. With the blender running, pour the olive oil through the hole in the top in a slow, steady stream. After the oil has been added, continue to blend for 30 seconds. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Will last for several weeks.

Rec:

Applebee's Oriental Salad Dressing

3 T. honey
4 tsp. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. dark-roasted sesame oil
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 T. white vinegar

In a small bowl, mix honey, mayonnaise, sesame oil, Dijon mustard and white vinegar. Chill.

Serves 2.

Oriental Vinaigrette Dressing like Applebee's® II

Oriental Vinaigrette Dressing like Applebee's®
Serves: 8
Prep. Time: 0:30

4 cups water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup dry pectin
2 Tbls. white vinegar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
Related Cookbooks:

-Bring all ingredients to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
-Remove from heat, cool, cover, and refrigerate up to 6 weeks.
Notes: Serve this fat-free dressing over a salad of romaine and iceberg lettuce, red and green cabbage, and shredded carrot. Garnish with slivered almonds, minced green onions, and chow mein noodles. Top with chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce, grilled, and sliced OR fried chicken strips.

Back