RECIPE: ISO: Gretchen REC: Five Ingredient Chicken

RECIPE:

moyn

Gretchen, I did the recipe, last night, making a few changes, since the sauce sounded too sweet for my tastes. I used two very large (1/2 lb each)

turkey thighs, and I added a couple of pinches of ground cardamom, some salt & some crushed Aleppo pepper (from Penzey's) to the sauce mixture.

I baked it for about 50 minutes in a 425 oven, and it was wonderful. Thanks so much for a "keeper".

FIVE INGREDIENT CHICKEN Serving – 6

1/4 cup Dijon mustard, thinned w/ 3T water

2/3 cup maple syrup

2 teaspoons rubbed sage or ground sage

2 teaspoons curry powder

4 pounds chicken pieces, skinned (dark meat is the best)

In a small saucepan, add all ingredients, except chicken. Stir until sage and curry powder are well-blended. Place chicken pieces in a casserole or baking pan that crowds the chicken a little. Pour mustard sauce over chicken, and place in oven. Bake at 425 degrees, for approximately an hour. When chicken is golden brown and sauce has separated, transfer chicken to a serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm. Discard the chicken fat that has accumulated in baking pan.

Glad you liked it.It was from the old board--can't remember who.

But even I who has ZERO sweet tooth like this pretty much as is. I do use real maple syrup which I think is less cloying than pancake style syrup.

I agree, and I used the good stuff, also... the cardamom and the aleppo

each added a nice bite, also.

I made the sauce a couple of weeks ago and

used it to glaze a pork loin roast and it was great. I am looking forward to using it on the chicken.

Back