ISO: ISO hot raspberry jam appetizer - long story, don't ask. ;o) tia

In Search Of:
Bqked Brie with Raspberry Jam? >>>>

Oh, by the way, I recently read your PM on the Epicurious Recipe Swap, inviting me over here. (my username over there was merstar). It was dated Nov.28, but I had never checked my messages. I ending up finding this place via another poster. But, anyway, I just wanted to thank you!

Not an appetizer but....

I have a great recipe for a chocolate cake that's saturated with raspberry jam mixed with 1/2 cup rum...pour it on, baste it over several hours until it sops it up, then pour on a chocolate glaze and drizzle the top with white chocolate. It gets raves, and it starts with a cheat- - a mix!

Thanks Meryl. This sounds easy... (explanation inside) I remember making...

some sort of thing with "spicy red raspberry jam" a couple of years ago and everyone raved about it. It was so simple, and I knew it involved pouring it over something (although now I recall it was cream cheese) and serving with crackers.

Yours sounds even better though. Thanks. I remember searching the city for the jam again, only to end up NOT finding it, but making it myself just by adding a dash of cayenne pepper to regular old raspberry jam (cheaper too!).

And you're welcome for the notice!

Hey Dawn >>>

I don't have a T&T recipe, but here's one from my files. (By the way, could the recipe you're looking for with spicy raspberry jam, call for a raspberry chipotle jam? I don't have a recipe, but think I've seen it somewhere).

RASPBERRY BRIE

1 (15-ounce) wedge Brie
1 (13-ounce) jar raspberry preserves
Garnish: toasted almonds

Preheat oven to 350°.

Slice Brie in half horizontally. Spread preserves over 1 half of Brie, and cover with other half like a sandwich.

Place cheese on baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Garnish, if desired, and serve with crackers.

Note: To toast nuts, place in a dry skillet and toss gently over medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden.

By Fran Keenan - cottageliving.com

Dawn, I think I found the recipe you're looking for>>>>

The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce & Cream Cheese Appetizer

INGREDIENTS
1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese*
1/3 cup Fischer & Wieser The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
Fresh raspberries and mint for garnish, if desired
*(For an 8-oz. package of cream cheese, use 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sauce).

DIRECTIONS
Place cream cheese on serving dish and pour Fischer & Wieser The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce over top, allowing it to drizzle down sides of cream cheese.

Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint. Serve with gingersnap cookies or assorted crackers.

Makes 2 servings.

Back