ISO: ISO ideas on what to do with 6 anchovies. I made BA rec for "An even Greater Caesar Salad" and (m)

In Search Of:
How about Todd English's REC:Black-Olive Paste-now you just have one extra fillet to work with BG...

BLACK-OLIVE PASTE

Recipe By :Todd English/The Olives Table

1 cup pitted black olives -- such as Kalamata, oil-cured, or Gaeta
5 anchovy fillets
5 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves -- or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup virgin olive oil

In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, blend the olives, anchovy fillets, garlic, rosemary, and pepper to a smooth paste. With the processor on, slowly add the olive oil until combined, about 2 minutes. Transfer the olive paste to a small bowl, and set aside.

I would have munched on them while preparing the salad. Love 'em >>

I second charlie's tapenade--with perhaps some capers added.

Or chop them into a bowl of tuna salad, or look up Putanesca sauce for pasta (basically onion, garlic, olives, capers, anchovies and tomatoes), or "melt" them in a little olive oil over low heat, then add them to any tomato sauce for a little zing.

Whatever you do, once the can is open they get very fishy-tasting if you don't use them quickly. I think that's why so many people hate them.

THanks for the suggestions! I just hated to throw them out.

I removed them from the can. Hopefully they won't be too fishy.

Appreciate the quick responses!!
Regards,
Barb

I made this for NYE. I found it a bit oily. Next time 1/3 cup! And this is good on cooked pasta

for a "quickie." Keeps well in fridge.

hi charlie. i do similar but with...

addition of abot 1/4 cup capers, preferably salt-pack.

America's Test Kitchen made pork chop (m)

dish and used 2 anchovies in the sauce. They dissolve in the sauce, so no one would know they are in there, but it gives the sauce a wonderful flavor. If you log onto their site, you will find the recipe.

Lay them on 3 slices of mozzarella. Top with sliced mushrooms. This becomes the inside of a plain

white bread sandwich, making 3 sandwiches. Cut off crusts. Dip in French toast dip (egg and cream, s & p) and fry in butter and a drop of olive oil until the cheese starts to ooze. Cut each into 4 squares. Fabulous hors d'oeuvre.

Hee hee hee!!! >>>>

That would be really funny.
Maybe they could put them in the with liverwurst! ( snort)
Personally I love anchovies, they are my fave part of antipasta.

Back