ISO: ISO lighter healthish easy main dish ideas

In Search Of:

mariadnoca

This time of year I’m over the sweets and heavy food. Also, my tummy is not as happy as it could be, so my fallback tomato soup is a no go due to acid.

What are some of your favorite healthier lighter main meal ideas?

Salads of all types, chicken, smoked trout, with all types of greens and veggies

with a condiment such as pepperocini peppers tossed in, or bread and butter pickles, or olives. Look on Fine Cooking website for lighter dishes, even pastas can be healthy and light. We are celebrating Christmas today, because kids wanted to be home and so they are converging on us today. I will look up a couple I have in mind that are excellent and type them out tomorrow for you.

Soup and sheet pan meals - quick, easy and satisfying

Add whatever veggies and protein you have on hand onto a foil lined sheet pan, stir with oil or sauce, and roast! A small pot of soup or frozen portions to reheat helps with variety! Colleen

Love this recipe using both cooked chicken and pork tenderloin. Added different veggies from what I had on hand both times. The stir fry sauce is wonderful and easy to throw together after the first time smileys/wink.gif Colleen

Sheet Pan Asian Stir Fry
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
16 ounces broccoli florets*
1 cup snow peas
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 green onion, thinly sliced
FOR THE SAUCE
3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce (subbed Hoisen, still yum)
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch and Sriracha, if using; set aside.

Place chicken, carrots and bell peppers in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir in soy sauce mixture and gently toss to combine.
Place into oven and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in broccoli and snow peas during the last 7-10 minutes of cooking time.
Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.
NOTES:
*16 ounces broccoli florets is equal to about 3 cups.

https://damndelicious.net/2016/09/30/sheet-pan-asian-stir-fry/

https://s23209.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Sheet-Pan-Asian-Stir-Fry.jpg

Back